ASK ANNA #6: How To Make Quicker And More Accurate Decisions?

April 22, 2015

Visit Ask Anna Page to find out how to ask!


HOW TO MAKE QUICKER AND MORE ACCURATE DECISIONS?


Image Credits: Satya Murthy via Flickr
Tiger asks…

I don't know how to explain this. But when I buy something...I buy it and then, after a couple of days, I feel like I bought the wrong one. So I bought a backpack yesterday, it's not my usual style but I liked it at that time. Then today I feel like returning it. I don't know why but I feel like I'm really indecisive in everything I do. I have to think over and over again about a single thing. This is really frustrating. How can I get rid of this?

Anna says…

It is clear that there are two variables affecting your frustration and regret namely: slow and inaccurate decision-making. 

To make quicker decisions you must…

1. Stick with the things you know or are familiar with.
2. Narrow your choices to a list of three.
3. Ask yourself whether your “would be” decision gets you closer or farther to your goal.
4. Limit decision-making time to 30 minutes to an hour.

To make accurate shopping decisions...

I strongly feel that your shopping choices are mainly due to impulse or emotions at the moment. Impulse and emotional trips to the store would make you regret your decision the next day.

So, HALT! Ask yourself these questions before you buy anything: Am I just…

H-UNGRY?
A-NGRY?
L-ONELY? 
T-IRED?

You must not shop hungry in a grocery store because you would end up buying everything that satisfies your hunger. Same goes for other aspects of shopping, it is best not to shop angry or sad. Shopping while you are angry makes you more likely to take risks. While, shopping while you're sad may fill up the void in your heart but empty your wallet along the way. 


Click here to read the previous post: 5 FREE Mental Health Apps To Improve Your Life

Subscribe to Miss Psychobabble now!
 or "here" to receive free updates!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

What is on your mind? I will get back to you as soon as possible! Thank you. :)

Like MP on Facebook